- Standards and Performance Indicators for Teachers (NETS-T #1)
- Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
– Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments. Teachers:
a. promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness
b. engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using
digital tools and resources
c. promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students’
conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes
d. model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students,
colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments
- Teachers should be knowledgeable on various forms of technology. This will allow the students to grow in their learning experiences, be creative, and encourage both social interaction and a technology based environment. Teachers should have students use a variety of resources to develop, broaden, and advance his/her critical thinking skills. Student assessment can be taken using an assortment of methods. Teachers are not to just teach, but to share and learn in the knowledge process as well with the students, colleagues, and others in direct and virtual environments.
- I think a strength of mine is the direct/social part of the environment. I teach in an early childhood classroom, so the students and I are all very close and comfortable with each other. The children and I are consistently interacting with each other individually and as a group. Another strength of mine is promoting, supporting, and modeling creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness. I allow my students to be creative, original, and imaginative throughout the day with their core subjects, arts/crafts, and play time.
- My weakness in this area is creating experiences that are technology based. I am not comfortable, creative, or knowledgeable at constructing a virtual environment for my students. I know that children are being more engaging and interactive with technology at a younger age now a days; therefore, I need to be more knowledgeable and up to date on what is current. I should not be scared of technology and just go for it!