- Standards and Performance Indicators for Teachers (NETS-T #2)
- Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
– Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S. Teachers:
a. design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and
resources to promote student learning and creativity
- b. develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to
pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress
- c. customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning
styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources
- d. provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments
aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching
- Teachers need to consistently encourage, foster, and stimulate student learning and creativity. This can be accomplished by using various forms of resources and creating learning experiences. Teachers should also construct a learning environment which consists of technology that will allow students to be creative, imaginative, and ambitious about learning. The environment should also promote the student to set his/her own goals and self-evaluate his/her own learning. Since not all children learn in the same manner, the teacher should use a variety of teaching styles to ensure that all students’ needs are being met. Formal and informal assessments should be used as well in numerous forms to notify and praise the student of his/her accomplishments and knowledge of the content being taught.
- My strength is that I implement the variety of teaching styles to ensure that all my student’s needs are being met. I make sure that I have something for each of my kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners when discussing a concept. I also encourage, foster, and stimulate student learning and creativity. I believe it is important for students to express themselves, be original, and artistic. I try to implement this in my teaching and centers as much as possible.
- My weakness is developing a technology-enriched learning environment. I do use technology every now and then, but I know that I don’t use it enough, and I don’t use it to the extent that my students’ minds are being expanded. It is a valuable resource that is at my fingertips to be utilized practically anytime of the day. I really need to work on this one some more.