- Standards and Performance Indicators for Teachers (NETS-T #5)
- Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership Teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in their school and professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources. Teachers:
a. participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning
b. exhibit leadership by demonstrating a vision of technology infusion, participating in shared decision making and community building, and developing the leadership and technology skills of others
c. evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning
d. contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of their school and community
- Teachers need to further their education on a regular basis in order to stay current and/or improve their teaching strategies. This will also help teachers to assess and reflect on technology that support student learning. Teachers should also be a role model and leader in his/her school and community by endorsing and showing the effective use of technology and resources. This also includes contributing to the teaching profession, the school, and the community’s success, efficacy, value, energy, and much more.
- My strength in this area is the continuous professional practice. I feel like I have not taken a break from school my whole life! I also try to always be a good role model in my school and community, as well as take on a few leadership roles in my school.
- My weakness in this area is exhibiting leadership in the professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of technology and resources. I try to be a leader in my small school; however, I do not go out in the community or globally and speak or do anything active like I should.